Monday, August 29, 2011

The Start of Fall Term

I am a total nerd when it comes to the start of school, whether it was growing up or now as a college student. I love the opportunity of a new fresh start and especially buying cheap school supplies. This semester is going to be a busy one as I take on 5 classes and an internship. However, come December 5, 2011, I will be one class away from a bachelors degree. So it will be well worth all the hard work for the next 3 months.

I have mentioned in my blog before my internship with The Trendle Group, but never in great detail. The Trendle Group is a site selection and contract negotiating firm that I have the privilege to work for as an intern. I found myself with this opportunity after my Principles of Public Relations class, taught by Kate Strickland President and CEO of The Trendle Group.

Last semester I worked as an intern, trying to get my feet wet in the world of event planning and public relations. After having a job in the construction industry for 10 years, I felt a little behind when trying to compete with my peers. Thankfully, they have allowed me to come back this fall semester and complete my required internship.

It has been such an amazing learning experience and a reassuring sense of confidence that I am moving in the right direction with my career goals. I was able to use my contacts from the construction industry to gain my first client with The Trendle Group. I am currently working on their event but will wait to share details about that experience later.

I will try to keep my promise to this little blog space of mine to be more active. But for now, I must continue trying to finish reading the three chapters assigned for Mass Communication Research class. Wish me luck.

To my special follower Kelly Warren, my mentor and "the wizard", thank you for always encouraging my to follow my dreams. Every day I come to school I think of you and how I better make better grades or Benny is going to stick his boot in my ---.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Benny will stick his boot in your ---! :-) Hope the start of school is going well this term! Yay! You are almost done!

    ReplyDelete